Games I need to check out.
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS
Those that have fallen.
- Firewatch / 2017.03.17 XBone Lived up to the hype. The more I think about it, the more I like it.
- Hidden Folks / 2017.03.08 iOS It was ok.
- Super Mario Run / 2017.02.18 iOS 100% all coins, except for the black special course. Took some time, but warmed up to it.
- Goblin Sword / 2016.12.08 iOS 100%-ed this one. Pretty good, but some of the end game achievements were a slog.
- Lara Croft GO / 2016.10.18 iOS Much more than I expected. Such polish. Music was perfect.
- République / 2016.10.08 iOS The collectathon and fidgety touch controls detracted from the overall game. Ending was unsatisying.
- Waking Mars iOS Skipped the worse ending, but got the normal and alternate ones. They felt bizarrely abrupt to me.
- Blackbar / 2016.04.06 iOS Reminded me of Desert Golf’s purity. Inspiring how much some can can do with so little.
- Bastion / 2016.04.03 iOS Solid. Stuck around for NG+, but didn’t 100% the acheivements with the dreams. Great voice acting and soundtrack.
- Pink Heaven / 2015.10.21 iOS Still got it.
- Kometen / 2015.08.23 iOS Enjoyed leisurely exploring the galaxy for artwork. Would have loved a retina update to this old, underappreciated gem.
- Monument Valley / 2014.12.12, 2014.04.07 iOS Short, but sweet. A touch focused, lite version of Fez. Very charming. Played Forgotten Shores on most recent playthrough.
- Attack of the Friday Monsters / ??? 3DSCharming. Wished the card battle minigame was engaging.
- Space Age / 2014.12.10 iOSLet down. Dialog dragged and lacked user control. Controls finicky in places where timing was important. Got all the achievements.
- Desert Golfing / 2014.11.07 iOSPure game. Stopped at hole 1000.
- Pink Hour / 2014.08.22 iOSExtremely short prequel to Kero Blaster. Hard mode was fun.
- Broken Age: Part 1 / 2014.06.29 MacFirst adventure game in a while. Gorgeous style, interesting story. Puzzles never felt too obscure. Thinking about that cliffhanger.
- SteamWorld Dig / 2014.06.22 3DS Catchy, finished in just a few days. Enjoyed the mining hook. Combat could have been better. Difficulty ramp faster as well. Got 2 gold star for gold and orbs, silver for deaths, bronze for time.
- Kero Blaster / 2014.06.13 iOS Best platforming iOS so far. Great, quirky NPC interactions. Played through once, with new game plus and boss rush mode. Only got 1 of 4 upgrades to secret Kuro Blaster.
- Shuten / 2014.03.26 Mac Finally beat the last boss. Fist shmup I’ve played to completion. Thoroughly enjoyed.
- Tappingo / 2014.03.25 3DS First half was promising, but difficulty never increased. Puzzles got larger, making tap targets smaller, upping frustration.
- Mega Man / 2014.03.09 NES Whoa unbalanced. A few parts required random luck, rather than skill.
- Home / 2014.02.11 iPad Didn’t get the appeal. Story felt too direct, repetitive. iPad controls at the edges of the screen were wonky.
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds 3DS 100% item completion, but I died once. Will go for perfect on a Hero mode replay. Minor flaws aside, this game was delightful. A fitting sequel.
- Longest Night: NITW Supplement 1 / 2013.12.22 Mac Matching stars based on sound to form a constellation was an idea I had a while ago. Nice to see it in action.
- Year Walk / 2013.10.20 iOS Wow.
- Wub Wub Wescue / 2013.09.23 Mac Probably my least favorite of the crunch so far, but still fun platforming.
- Walking Dead: The Game / 2013.08.27 iOS Enjoyed the story, despite jerky performance on older iPad. Annoyed by instances where multiple choices didn’t properly convey tone, ended up making unintended decisions.
- Gunman Clive 3DS Solid, but shallow side-scroller. Visuals were charming in a hand-drawn sort of way. Beat on normal and hard difficulties.
- GAIAttack Mac Standard, 2D beat’em up. Fun. Had the top score and time for a while, but someone beat my time. Too busy to try and top it.
- End of Line Mac Pretty solid. Played it a second time for the ‘good’ ending.
- Angle Isle iOS Super fun platformer. Short, but I had a blast speedrunning. Currently on top for all difficulty levels as of this writing.
- Millinaut Mac Some challenging platforming. Didn’t know I could swap the boulder and rocket until the last level, so that made the game harder than it should have been.
- Kentucky Route Zero: Act 1 Mac Really enjoying the feel of this thing. Can’t wait for the rest of it.
- Super Mario Advance 4 GBA Not as good as I remember, but still solid. Levels felt too short.
- Super Clew Land Mac Great platform work. Some really nice challenges as well. Played through 2x.
- Midas Mac Simple, but nicely executed puzzle platformer. Liked the thin narrative that went with it.
- Beatdown! iOS Unremarkable, no weapon differentiation. One play through was enough.
- Hitman GO / 2016.12.18 iOSNot sure why I didn’t find this compelling when I loved Lara Croft GO. Maybe the aesthetics? Felt like i had to do a lot more “rocking” of the character to make a move at the right time.
- Disney Crossy Road / 2016.04.30 iOSEndless runners and high score games still don’t do it for me.
- Diablo 3 / 2014.12.30 MacStarted playing again after recent conversations with Brian and Lynn. I just can’t unsee the treadmill.
- Halo 4 Xbox 360Giving up in the middle of a legendary run. Not enough time to keep my skills up when I have so many other games left unplayed. Can’t justify cost of Live Gold for multiplayer. Bullet sponge Prometheans aren’t fun.
- Ridiculous Fishing iOSAmusing, but not a huge fan of these style of tilt games. Finished the game, aka found the guy’s Dad, but only have 61/66 fish collected.